Warning over donations to fund
JOHOR BARU: Members of the public, who had been approached by individuals claiming to solicit donations for the Kembara Mahkota Johor 2011 Fund from June 18 to 21, are advised to lodge a police report.
Johor deputy chief secretary (management) Datuk Abd Ghaffar Abdullah said in a statement that only the state government was authorised by the Sultan of Johor Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar to collect donations for the programme.
He said the state government had never allowed any other parties or individuals to do the work on its behalf.
He said donations should be channelled directly to the Kembara Mahkota Johor 2011 Fund at the state secretariat office in Nusajaya.
Ghaffar warned that it was an offence for anyone to illegally solicit for funds for the programme.
For further information, contact Mohd Fahmy Yahya at 019-751 9900, Fairuzahri Jalaludin at 013-770 7211 or the Kembara Mahkota Johor secretariat office at 07-222 6160.
Read more: Warning over donations to fund http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/22scan/Article#ixzz1OAm9Igv3